Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Way Things Are and Why It's Okay #2

Hello!
It's time for the second edition of

THE WAY THINGS ARE AND WHY IT'S OKAY

Feel free to play along, if you'd like.
(This is Sue, I love this kitty)

THE WAY THINGS ARE is that they actually aren't.
In that, I mean, My life is at a standstill right now. Waiting is the worst. But waiting to move forward is a tragedy. I can't obviously divulge the detail of why I'm in this standstill but it had nothing to do with the desire in my heart to move forward. All the problems I had last week are still here this week and really the only things that's different is that I have even less money and even more time on my hands.
School starts the 22nd and I'm a little glad. My kids need to enjoy that part of their childhood. We need the schedule that school provides and it will give me time to focus on remedying the situation I'm in. But, I'm concerned because this is depressing me.
I'm prone to wallow. I don't wallow, but it's my natural response.
I can't help it.
I force myself not to, but here we are... and I just want to sleep.
But
Do you know
WHY IT'S OKAY?

It's okay because some nice, simple things that happened reminded me that I have more than this mess.

Obviously, my kids remind me every single day, but, I had a dear friend check on me this weekend. He's the kind of friend that is rare. His intentions are always sincere. It's nice having someone like that in my corner.
It's also okay because I am learning every single day that I am okay. I AM O-KAY! And I will be okay and I am strong and determined and I have made my way through each obstacle. I can keep going. I have to and I am becoming better for it.

That's not to say I'm not hurting a little. But a little hurt is okay. It reminds us that life is all things. Not just easy things.
(this was a concept taken from a fellow blogger that I used to participate in years back, so while the concept is not mine, it is something I feel strongly about doing. I'd love to hear your stories too!)

2 comments:

  1. “When things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. It's because a little piece gets lost - the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. The whole shape has changed.” -John Green

    It's okay to be at a standstill, you're just evolving and evolution takes time. Sometimes a lot of it.

    I always love your photos, by the way. You have a style of photography that just screams you and that's special - it's soft and dreamy and makes me smile every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing that :) It means a lot.

      And so does your sweetness about my photos. I went through your sessions on your blog last night. WOW! You are awesome!

      Delete