Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Am Proud of My Size Link-Up


It's official. I will be 28 in one month. It's about time I woke up and starting being proud. 
Not just of myself, inwardly, but of me, outwardly.

So Here We Go...
I AM PROUD OF MY SIZE
(read more here, from Rachele)

I may not be fashion-forward, or overly quirky, but I do me, and I like me... and I like how I dress the body I have.

I wish I knew why it was such a struggle for me, coming to this place of self-love. But, to be fair, I think it is for most people. I'm not special in that I have crash dieted, told myself I was ugly, and cried because I wasn't a size 6 anymore...
But...
The older I get, the less I care what number the tag says in the back of my jeans.

Mostly, I just want to be healthier. And I'm working towards that...
Healthy to me, means:

Keeping up with my kids
Eating plenty of raw foods but never counting calories
Feeling good physically and emotionally
Being able to do the things in life that are important to me
and
Loving myself.

To be fair...
I'll fluctuate in size all my life. I've been a size 6, and 8, 10 11 12 14 and 16. 
But I am more than my size.

And THAT makes me proud.

Shirt - Thrifted, Banana Republic
(purposely bought 2 sizes too big)
Cardigan - Thrifted
Shorts - Hand me Down Jeans, Cut off and rolled
Shoes - Walmart
Bag - Walmart
Necklace - Vintage, Handmade


I'll be the first to admit this slightly maternity, over-sized top was probably not the most flattering choice but I love it. I FEEL pretty when I wear it. And this color-scheme of grey/white/navy is my absolute favorite right now.

So, this is me.

I call myself a "chubby little dumpling"
People don't like that, but I don't mean it as a downer...
I like being just that.


 Besides, there are lots of things I truly love about the way I look.
my eyes, my lips, the fact that my skin is very pale, the length of my legs and my freckles.


 PS: This is my little sister. She's my Best Friend.  She took the full length shots for me!! I adore her.



File Under: I Am Proud of my Size, I'm Growing Up

15 comments:

  1. You are so very pretty and I love this post. Very well written:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I love the color scheme you're wearing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing, and so casual at that! And I love your hair : ). I guess it really nowadays is a struggle for EVERY (wo)man to feel good about themselves, because it really became (and has been) the norm to consider yourself imperfect... But life feels so much better when (at least partially, as for me) overcoming these mental obstacles : ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You SO Much!
      It is difficult to actually HAVE confidence but... I suppose, if you want it, and remind yourself everyday, it can happen.

      Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I love what you wrote!
    And the color scheme you are wearing is great. So perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely stunning. Absolutely perfect in every way:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really digging your shirt. I still struggle with my size, but I've come to love it. It took time though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I like my shirt too so it means a lot to know someone else does too! ;)

      Hugs

      Delete
  7. I love to hear a woman who is striving to be happy with whats she's got. I am a member of the same club; "What you see is what you get!" I often refer to myself as "Chubby" and people think that is me insulting myself, it is not. I am a preschool teacher and I love all things small and chubby! This was a very well written post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)
      It took a long time to realize that being "Chubby" is okay. It's not a crime and I like it.
      I bet teaching Preschool is a BLAST!! Kids are so fun!

      Delete
  8. Yeah it is often like hanging out with brillant, messy radical thinkers all day; so mostly fantastic but I am ready for bed by 9 most nights!

    ReplyDelete