Thursday, August 2, 2012

THE WAY THINGS ARE AND WHY IT'S OKAY 1

Welcome to the FIRST edition of:
THE WAY THINGS ARE AND WHY IT'S OKAY

(and a few pictures)

(detail of the fawn prince sketch I did)

Life is hard. Saying it isn't, just isn't fair. This week has tried me. Between an ex husband returning from states away, financial strain, getting ready for school to start, working on an etsy shop and trying to fit in time everyday for fun, it's hard.
THE WAY THINGS ARE, is that they are stressful. My heart breaks every time I get a new school supply for Rooster. I'm lonely, and have been most of the year. But, I'm in a war with myself and with the number of hours in a day. I'm having a very hard time getting a job and even my going back to school is on hold for the time being. All I want is to move forward but, I keep getting stalled. I want more than this and the universe doesn't seem to concur. 
 (Lydia drew a fawn too)
But...
Here's WHY IT'S OKAY, It's okay because spending my weekends at home instead of at another local concert means that I have to find ways of being creative, and I have time to sketch and learn by doing. Staying here, in this county, instead of driving to a place an hour away to "live", I am forced to enjoy the town I'm in, and take advantage of finding treasures at local yard sales and pawn shops. It means I'll be at the Park more often and I'll be alone, so I'll really see what's there. Treasure Hunting at it's finest.
It's okay because Rooster is growing up and He's excited, and I need a good cry. It's not bad to love his company so much that I'm sad he's leaving. I love that we are close. I'm proud of him.


(look at my pretty stripy nails)

The hardest thing will be the ex coming back but I'm trying to see it as an opportunity to be more aware of what is going on in his life. It's okay because I don't have to send my kids away for the summer and I can see first hand that everything is okay between my children and their dad. And maybe... have some peace of mind. We need that.

Life is hard, sure, but it isn't bad. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I am. Very.

(this was a concept taken from a fellow blogger that I used to participate in years back, so while the concept is not mine, it is something I feel strongly about doing. I'd love to hear your stories too!)

2 comments:

  1. I love your stripy nails and your fawn prince is just beautiful - a true royal. I am sad with you thinking about Rooster being away at school, I know that I can barely choke back tears when I think of my precious Henry being away from me for even a moment. You're one tough cookie though and you've got this.

    P.S. - I'd love to post weekly with you on 'The Way Things Are'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make a link-up. I'll work on a badge tonight!! YAY!!

    Being a Mommy is so hard. I think we're both strong enough to handle it though!! xo

    ReplyDelete