Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Music has been My Saving Grace

There is little I can do, where music is not involved. 

When I got divorced, finding my own identity was hard. I wasn't a wife, I wasn't a house wife, I was a single person. A single person with her own opinions and a new-found freedom to express them. And that freedom, expressed itself, in music.

The thing is, I had a small vinyl collection while I was married. We didn't have a record player but, I always hoped someday I would. The truth is, I love music and records are a lifelong passion. There isn't a genre I haven't tried or a period in my life where I wasn't lost in the lyrics of some song.

Really, the separation just made it easier to expand on my collection of records, to embrace the cassette revolution and to discover new bands.

Music has been my saving grace.

At some point I will make a post that shows my record collection. And I will blog a lot about the records I love and why. Plus, as a HUGE fan of "local" music --air quotes because by local I mean about 45-120min. from me and a handful of bands in my small town-- I have a lot to say about the music here in Ohio. And some of the bands I have seen from Chicago, Detroit and Denver. But... The starving artist, that's what I'm about.


No comments:

Post a Comment